Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 9, 2017

Traveller video screensaver page 1

Andrew Boulton
March 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
A friend who's back on leave from Iraq asked me to make him a screensaver, preferably something like my Mini-Movies.

Since I'm a) lazy, b) busy, and c) ill, I found an easy solution:

1. Find a free video screensaver, like the MS XP one - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6405ff4f-9bc4-40dd-aa30-ed4ffe02baac&DisplayLang=en

2. Download the movies (the MS program works better if you convert them to WMV format)

3. Sit back and enjoy :)
jrmapes
March 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I thought I would give it a try but the darn vid screensaver wouldnt install.

bummer.

Jerry
Andrew Boulton
March 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Any error msg? Are you using XP?
jrmapes
March 24th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Using Win XP SP2, 2.4Ghz Celeron moble,512Mb Ram, Intel Extreme Graphics onboard chipset 64Mb, DirectX 9, 80Gig HD with plenty of room, SVGA 1024x768 True Color.

For some reason whenever I tried to install it would kick out to MS Validation website and interrupt the install. Even after downloading and installing the validation plugin it would kick back out to the website and interrupt the install.

Jerry
Andrew Boulton
March 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Strange. I mean, you'd expect an MS app to work on Windows without...no, sorry, I can't type that with a straight face :)

There's an earlier version here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=88f4de76-1e35-45ca-a574-26e36a73f0f8&DisplayLang=en
jrmapes
March 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Probably would have worked except it is not compatable with Windows Media Player v11.

Oh well. I guess I will just forget about it till I get my new computer since i'm not going to drop back to WMP v9.

Thanks for the help

Jerry
Blue Ghost
April 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cool AVIs, Andrew smile.gif
marvo
April 16th, 2007, 12:51 PM
If anyone has one of the Premium Editions of Vista I think they should also be able to use the clips in the 'Dream Scene' program. (It replaces your desktop wallpaper with a movie clip.)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét