Thứ Hai, 15 tháng 5, 2017

The Vegans Autonomous Zone page 1

Elliot
December 1st, 2003, 06:37 AM
I just heard on the radio today that scientists have confirmed a planetary system at Vega.

Life imitating Art(well game) or Art imitating life?
lesbates
December 1st, 2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Elliot:
I just heard on the radio today that scientists have confirmed a planetary system at Vega.

Life imitating Art(well game) or Art imitating life? IIRC, the OTU version of Vega only had asteroids.

Did the report mention anything about gas giants?
Elliot
December 1st, 2003, 11:21 AM
It was a Radio 4 programme. The report stated that a planet the size of Neptune with some of Neptune's erratic orbit has been detected. Comets are also evident. The report stated that dust patterns in the inner orbit were not present and this could indicate that smaller planets had formed.

I was half asleep at the time, so I can't remember much else.
Andrew Boulton
December 1st, 2003, 11:50 AM
"Astronomers say they have evidence for Earth-like planets orbiting a nearby star, making it more like our own Solar System than any yet discovered."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3251382.stm

Vega is also, of course, the source of the transmission in Contact.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét