Thứ Hai, 13 tháng 8, 2018

The Lone Star Chat! page 1

Eak
November 10th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Well... it seems that MSN has changed things around a little on us today!

For anyone interested the chat is still on!

Please follow the link!

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)

Eak
Liam Devlin
November 10th, 2002, 08:03 PM
YO! Eak, meself, Mr Mark Siefert, Kentares, and Ellros are in th house! C'mon down-the K'kree jus left (we still have BBQ K'Kree sandwiches, and steaks left!)

Liam
siefertma2
November 10th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Fantastic time, everyone! It really took the bite out of a boring work day. I hope more people show up next time.
themink
November 11th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Thank you for hanging arround so long guys - Till next week

---------
Democracy - The Idea that if you add up enough zeros, you make a positive sum.
Liam Devlin
November 11th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Was that adding up Democrats or votes? <WEG>

till next time Mink! (watch those pregnant Chads!)
chron187
November 11th, 2002, 03:47 PM
So just curious is anybody going to try to do the lone star chat as a semi regular thing ?
siefertma2
November 11th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chron:
So just curious is anybody going to try to do the lone star chat as a semi regular thing ?I certianly would like to see that.
Capt. Blacklight
November 11th, 2002, 05:51 PM
We have been doing it for a few weeks on Sunday. I think is a regular thing now.
That and Football.
Eak
November 11th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chron:
So just curious is anybody going to try to do the lone star chat as a semi regular thing ?I certianly would like to see that.</font>[/QUOTE]Actually my intention for the past couple weeks has been to try and make it a regular thing :D

I recently acquired a copy of mIRC and I'll be looking into finding a quiet little IRC Network we can move the chats to... after the problems we had this sunday, and the possibility of more chatters with non-windows systems, I think it might be a good idea.

Untill I fully explore the IRC option though we'll just stick with MSN.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pink Weasels?

Eak
chron187
November 11th, 2002, 10:16 PM
try http://www.psionics.net they have Dice Bots their too smile.gif
Bruce
November 12th, 2002, 12:03 AM
I went over to Psionics.net
Found the IRC server location easy enough...
chat.psionics.net 6660

It only had like 34 rooms in all. Seemed fairly nice.

I even found a free irc client...So, that's a good thing.

If anyone knows more about irc than I do, and I'm saying this cause I don't know very much. Why not set up a Traveller room there and we can all come and chat.

Bruce
The Man Behind the Curtain
themink
November 12th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Everyone needs a Dice bot
- picture a group of scouts chatting "So I'll try and fix the Jump Drive" All turn to the bot
- Voder Voice says "You Fail"
- Scout turns back to Captain "Sorry mate, It'll take longer than I thought"
Liam Devlin
November 12th, 2002, 01:08 AM
The LSC rm, a regular thing...
Actually been looking forward to it, so from wee li'l ole me, yes. Lets do make it something we can put on the calendar. Livens up the end of me weekend before startin the work week.(Sun-Fri).

And we dang near had the world encircled from Austrailia (Mink) to Porto Portugal (kentares), and all of us in between.

As fer IRC. I'm in the dark-post a link, I'll follow ya in.I could stand to learn more of it, But, I have Sci fi to read (CJ Cherryh's new book in Foreigner series "Explorer" is out. A B-day present fer the Chatelaine here..) fer the moment..and a game to plot fer the weekend..(I am *sooo* vvery busy!)
T. Foster
November 12th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Yeah, chatting with you folks for a couple hours on Sunday mornings is becoming a nice little tradition that I'd like to see continued. If you want to move the chat somewhere else that's fine with me and I'll try to follow but if I have to install any new software to do it you'll have to provide links and walk me through it -- my computer savvy is very minimal, and even maneuvering the current MSN setup sorely tested my capabilities...
chron187
November 13th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Hmmmmm maybe if we move to http://www.psionics.net or some other place with a dice bot we could run a weekly Sunday T20 game smile.gif we would have to sort through what type of campaign and who would be DM and such (With the EPIC adventure system it is best to have 1 DM unless its a minor or side adventure) anyways just a thought smile.gif
Liam Devlin
November 14th, 2002, 01:04 AM
There's a thought. But...I like what we're doin' already, live. Addin in a dicebot makes it sorts a Pbem rather than a chat room, where we shoot the breeze, and talk real time at virtual FTF about stuff. But thats just me. Someone else might think otherwise, like you Chron. ;) smile.gif
themink
November 14th, 2002, 03:12 AM
At the moment it is a chat site rather than a roleplaying site - a dice bot probably doesn't effect our current usage at all.

Of course, If we start playing trav rather than talking about it, that would be different.
Ellros
November 14th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Actually, I prefer just having the chat myself. It gives us all a chance to share ideas and discuss game-related (or un-related :D ) topics.
Now, if you wanted to start a separate PBEM or somesuch, there is nothing wrong with that.
chron187
November 14th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Ellros:
Actually, I prefer just having the chat myself. It gives us all a chance to share ideas and discuss game-related (or un-related :D ) topics.
Now, if you wanted to start a separate PBEM or somesuch, there is nothing wrong with that.Oh I hadnt envisioned it getting in the way of chatting I was just thinking is all smile.gif
Eak
November 16th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Greetings Travellers!

Once more this Sunday afternoon! Beginning approximately 1:00 pm (1300hrs) Eastern Standard Time at chat.msn.com and ending when the last person leaves, will be the almost weekly Lone Star Chat! Stay tuned to this thread for a link to be posted when we open for business!

Hope to see you there!

Start Times for select cities in other Countries:
London (GMT): 6:00 pm (1800hrs)
Rome: 7:00 pm (1900hrs)
Jerusalem: 8:00 pm (2000hrs)
Hong Kong: 1:00 am (100hrs)
Tokyo: 2:00 am (200hrs)
Sydney: 3:00 am (300hrs)

If I got any of the times wrong it's entirely my own fault for doing the math myself. If you would like me to post the time for a major city in your time zone next week just post it to the thread and I'll collect them up next saturday.

Eak smile.gif
Ellros
November 16th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Looking forward to it a lot. Hope to see you all there.
Liam Devlin
November 16th, 2002, 05:13 PM
wilco, will comply Eak!
Capt. Blacklight
November 16th, 2002, 05:17 PM
The Lady has taken Charge. Must Obey!
Eak
November 17th, 2002, 12:54 PM
You guys are silly tongue.gif

Time for extra special traveller omake fun time theatre!

&lt;Kawaii chibi Eak dances out onstage dressed as Amazing Aslan Girl Nuku Nuku and begins the advertisment&gt;



Ohio gozaimasu! Bonjour! Guten tag! Greetings!

WELCOME SOPHONTS!

To the very nearly weekly, Lone Star Chat! Wherein is generally discussed many and varied topics that the inquiring Traveller finds of interest and or concern! Ranging from 'how to spit shine boots' to 'something really important I can't remember right now' or to 'why is there a penguin on my head'!

So grab yourself a Havacola, the softdrink of choice for discerning sophonts everywhere, and please follow the non-bouncing link to...

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)

See you there!



Urg... noon thirty already? what an obscene hour of the morning to crawl out of bed.

Grumble, Grumble...
Eak
Ellros
November 17th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Come on down folks. The Lone Star is open and we need more company smile.gif
apoc527
November 18th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Man, that wasn't cool. I log on and the mod bans me for 24 hours accusing me of being a bot! Heh. That'll teach me not to say "hi" immediately, I guess.
chron187
November 18th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Yeah we want to apologize about that we were getting a lot of Spam Bots and got a little trigger happy :(
Bruce
November 18th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Sorry apoc...it seems some people were took quick on the gauss mouse...

Sorry...

It wasn't me..grin

Bruce
The Man Behind the Curtain
Capt. Blacklight
November 18th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by apoc527:
Man, that wasn't cool. I log on and the mod bans me for 24 hours accusing me of being a bot! Heh. That'll teach me not to say "hi" immediately, I guess.Oh Man I am sooo sorry. I'll buy the Coffeejuice for you next week.
I told EAK she wouldn't be the first to kill off one of our own.
Apoc, I am very Very VERY Sorry redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif graemlins/toast.gif
apoc527
November 18th, 2002, 12:15 AM
No worries. Already my orbital cruisers are getting a fix on the location that banned me. Expect it to be a crater in a few minutes. :D
Capt. Blacklight
November 18th, 2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by apoc527:
No worries. Already my orbital cruisers are getting a fix on the location that banned me. Expect it to be a crater in a few minutes. :D I guess I am going to have to go to ground. Ducking and seeking cover.
it's a good thing I have very, very good ECM
apoc527
November 18th, 2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:

I guess I am going to have to go to ground. Ducking and seeking cover.
it's a good thing I have very, very good ECMHeh. Well, I'll just instruct them to nuke an area a few hundred miles in diameter centered on your approximate location. Sure, the bombardment might not get you, but the radiation on the way out will (unless you have a CES or some Battledress stashed closeby, in which case the marine dropships will be waiting.)

graemlins/file_23.gif
Liam Devlin
November 18th, 2002, 12:51 AM
A body steps out to go to work, and ye Botsmashed a sophont!(shakeshead) Ya gotta be more careful...!

Lets try it again next week, shall we?
Capt. Blacklight
November 18th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by apoc527:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:

I guess I am going to have to go to ground. Ducking and seeking cover.
it's a good thing I have very, very good ECMHeh. Well, I'll just instruct them to nuke an area a few hundred miles in diameter centered on your approximate location. Sure, the bombardment might not get you, but the radiation on the way out will (unless you have a CES or some Battledress stashed closeby, in which case the marine dropships will be waiting.)

graemlins/file_23.gif </font>[/QUOTE]I do, And I have.
And While I did apologize, if you are going to go all out, bring all your party favors graemlins/file_22.gif . I do have a fairly good crew working with me... and there are more that a few of us;)
Capt. Blacklight
November 18th, 2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
A body steps out to go to work, and ye Botsmashed a sophont!(shakeshead) Ya gotta be more careful...!

Lets try it again next week, shall we?Didn't I say it was going to happen. And it was going to be me. And here I am trying to be nice... it's a good thing I ordered all those tanks and AFV's. It seems like I am going to need them sooner that I thought. graemlins/file_22.gif
And now to sit back and wait for a recovery OpOrd. I am going to have to order back the Fleet for this though,,, it seems Apoc brought Marines to the party. Just not enough.
Liam Devlin
November 18th, 2002, 01:47 AM
CPT BL posted-
"Didn't I say it was going to happen. And it was going to be me. And here I am trying to be nice... it's a good thing I ordered all those tanks and AFV's. It seems like I am going to need them sooner that I thought.
And now to sit back and wait for a recovery OpOrd. I am going to have to order back the Fleet for this though,,, it seems Apoc brought Marines to the party. Just not enough.

--------------------
Capt. Blacklight
__________________________________________________
And we thank you fer the cheque, Your Excellency!
I believe Tukera Bulk Lines can mass transit it at J-4 on their Bulk 20ktn freighters. Or the World-class Monster freighters (Some 500,000 dtns of cargo haulin behemoths). From Core to Ley-Gateway in 20 weeks.

Yep, ye did tell Eak (as I did) that she wasnae likely to nuke a sophont. And aye, Ye said It twas like to be you...But ye haveta quit bein so prescient..the PSion boys will be lookin into yer past... :eek:
Sounds to me like a mediator will be needed to settle this account...
Kentares
November 18th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Well... once again I arrived too late due to my weekly game of D&D.

Sorry. I´ll try to get in time next Sunday.
Liam Devlin
November 18th, 2002, 06:32 PM
We were expectin ya, I waited till 2205 before exiting meself (my time)/ seven-eight hrs behind London time. See ya next week! Glad ya got some game time in!

hereticaly,
Eak
November 18th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by apoc527:
Man, that wasn't cool. I log on and the mod bans me for 24 hours accusing me of being a bot! Heh. That'll teach me not to say "hi" immediately, I guess.Oh my goodness. I am very sory Apoc. I was afraid I'd do that and it looks like I did. I feel horrible about it :(

I think a good idea might be to Prefix something to our logon names so this dosn't happen again.

For example if my name is 'Eak' then my MSN logon name might be something like 'CoTI-Eak' so I'm not mistaken for a bot.

Once again I have to appologize Apoc... I'm really, really sorry :(

Eak
Ellros
November 18th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Not your fault Eak. Captain BL is the one who did it, shortly before everyone headed out. It was an accident. We were getting a spammer every few minutes by that time, So we were a bit trigger-happy.

But using some sort of ID tag like you described is not a bad idea.
Kentares
November 18th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
...I waited till 2205 before exiting meself (my time)/ seven-eight hrs behind London time. Really !? At the time I arrived home (around 4 am GMT) I thought I wouldnt find anyone so I even didnt powered on my computer. Well... next time I will.
Capt. Blacklight
November 18th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ellros:
Not your fault Eak. Captain BL is the one who did it, shortly before everyone headed out. It was an accident. We were getting a spammer every few minutes by that time, So we were a bit trigger-happy.

But using some sort of ID tag like you described is not a bad idea.Now Eak is going to take away my privileges. redface.gif I said I was Sorry. redface.gif And then he gets all defensive and puts my whole outfit on alert. Threaten to Nuke me from Orbit and everything. Then I remebered I have Nuclear dampers at my HQ graemlins/file_21.gif
Ellros
November 18th, 2002, 08:53 PM
"Nuke em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

But what if they aliens had dampers? or even guns? Oooo, interesting concept.

But anyway... Cap'n, what happens if he resorts to conventional munitions? smile.gif
Capt. Blacklight
November 19th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Ellros:
"Nuke em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

But what if they aliens had dampers? or even guns? Oooo, interesting concept.

But anyway... Cap'n, what happens if he resorts to conventional munitions? smile.gif With out Big toys, I can handle what ever anyone throws at me, Short of an Imperial Army or ALOT of Marines. Point Weapons and Mobile Warfare is very hard to beat or catch.
Liam Devlin
November 23rd, 2002, 02:06 AM
Well, lets hope we have a peaceful meeting of the minds then this Sunday then. perhaps we should add on an immediate phrase-"I am not a Spam!" to prevent getting "shot". Emilio will be so distressed that the patrons are taking to killing and cleaning in the "dining area-(If'n ye want a 'Virtual'-job, he has openings!)
Ellros
November 23rd, 2002, 02:08 AM
&lt;chuckles&gt; we'll certainly have to be more careful.

Heck, I'd open up the Lone Star for awhile now if I could figure it out. Me thinks I need more caffeine.
Liam Devlin
November 23rd, 2002, 02:14 AM
I'll be stocked with Joe/ Jamoke/Java/Carbon remover/ and coffee (Heinlein's "5 grades of coffee", btw); Havacola by the can is a De Havilland Corp. (tm)distributed item, sold exclusivelly, as is TJ-"CJ";Whup-Ass(tm), Whup-Yer Ass(tm) and Beep-beep Juice(tm)are products of Damitol, Ltd.-sold by the six pak, or in 20/32/& 40 Liquid ounce bottles.

I shall see you there!
themink
November 23rd, 2002, 02:23 AM
Lone star open in 5 secs
Ellros
November 23rd, 2002, 02:32 AM
Come on down. The Lone Star is open for business. Bring the CJ.

Lone Star (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1&pps=k)
Liam Devlin
November 23rd, 2002, 04:48 AM
Last man standing...Good to see Chron, the Mink, and Ellros. One wanker got the gauss MAUS. Sorry folks, I dinnae tolerate rudeness twice.

Felt good though...

SMACKETA!!!

See ya'll Sonntag!
themink
November 23rd, 2002, 10:36 AM
See you then, then

I got 1,200 words out - looks liek I may even reach deadline - I'll log on Sunday late arvo and see if I can catch the early risers.
Eak
November 23rd, 2002, 10:55 AM
You folks havin chats without me in the wee early hours of the morning while sane people are still asleep? tongue.gif



Hey All you CoTI chatters out there!

Just a friendly reminder that the Lone Star Chat! will be up and running on Sunday, Nov 24th starting at approximately 1:00 pm (1300hrs) Eastern Standard Time!

Hope to see you there!

Start Times for select cities in other Countries:
London (GMT): 6:00 pm (1800hrs)
Rome: 7:00 pm (1900hrs)
Jerusalem: 8:00 pm (2000hrs)
Hong Kong: 1:00 am (100hrs)
Tokyo: 2:00 am (200hrs)
Sydney: 3:00 am (300hrs)

NOTICE!
To prevent a repeat of last weeks distasteful slaughtering of one of our own, mistaken for a spam spewing IRCBOT please remember to prefix 'CoTI_' To your Name. For example my own nickname might be 'CoTI_EAK' especially since 'CoTI_EAKinser' is already taken :/

Thanks!
Eak



P.S.
For some who are interested in knowning how I open up the Lone Star Chat on sundays I have two links in a text document on my drive. One I paste into a browser when I first open the room and another that I paste to the CoTI message boards. The reason for having two links is that the Message board tends to automagically add a space to the url if it's longer than 160 characters or so.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">This is the link I actually open the room with:
http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&amp;cat=GN&amp;lang=1&amp;codec onduct=on&amp;des=Welcome+Traveller%21&amp;welcome=Eat+dri nk+and+be+merry+for+tomorrow+we+go+to+work%21&amp;loc= EN-US&amp;newroom=1
|
This is the link I post to the board:
The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&amp;cat=GN&amp;lang=1&amp;codec onduct=on&amp;des=Welcome%21&amp;welcome=Welcome%21&amp;loc=EN-US&amp;newroom=1)</pre>[/QUOTE]The second link is short and clean enough so that the board won't trim it with a space to I can have my nice and pretty little 'Lone Star Chat' link. However the actual chat room needs to be opened with the first one so I can have my welcome and greeting messages intact :D

The two links are close enough in similarity with the important bits that clicking on the short link will ask you if you want to join the chat started by the long link :D

Since I never change the link It'll always just say 'Welcome Traveller!' and 'Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we go to work!'

I do this because I'm lazy and it's faster to just cut/pase a url than fill out a bunch of empty boxes every time I want to start the chat.

Eak
themink
November 23rd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Eak - I'll probly open the chat room about 9 hours earlier (just like I did last week) but don;t expect anyone to drop by before I go back home (4 hours later)

translating

at 6pm Sunday Syndey time
or 8am Sunday London Time
or 3am CotI time

Unless I get invited out by Elle Mcpherson to go to a BBQ, in which case, I may be late logging on.
Liam Devlin
November 24th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by The Mink:
See you then, then

I got 1,200 words out - looks liek I may even reach deadline - I'll log on Sunday late arvo and see if I can catch the early risers.------------------------------------------------
Knocked out another "odd Job" closer to 500 words this time..sent it in...The Gateways stuff is occpying their time fer the nonce tho..means we'll be seein it soon-methinks!
Liam Devlin
November 24th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Whats hanging in Germany, Shane?
notagoodusername
November 24th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Not a whole lot Liam! Just chilling out, watching some stuff I VCRed on Friday while I was out gaming. BTW, you're up early (or just back from work?)

Also, are you seeing the formatting for this page of the tread all messed up? It's about twice as wide as the screen for me....

Shane
Eak
November 24th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Hello All!

My appologies for not having the room open on time today, I had some errands to run this morning and they kept longer than I'd've liked.

Follow the link! We are open for business!

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)

Eak
trader jim
November 24th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Just wanted to say thanx for a great chat this morning...laughted for 2 1/2 hours!!!...true...nothing but fun and crazys in that room!!...met some great new travelers...frank...is one of us....whos the dude with the plasma rifle....watch out spam...almost got "roudy" something about mounting square pigs and kree on the wall...yoda puke green???....the menu would make a Marine Barf!!!....o well....cant wait till next time...great hosts....
YOU ALL JUST GOTTA SHOW UP NEXT TIME!!!! graemlins/file_21.gif graemlins/file_21.gif
Scarlett
November 24th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Enjoyed meeting ya, TJim, sir. And Mr. Devlin, Chron, Blacklight, EAK, that pir ... errr ... corsair Vargr that was foaming at the mouth ...

Good folkses all. Nice bar .. not "too sterile" like those uppity space yuppy places.

Now if I can just talk a few of yas into getting into character and enjoying classic Traveller (the way Traveller was MEANT to be played ;) )

I'll see ya'll there again. Barkeep, I'd like my barstool monogrammed, color me a regular.
Scarlett
November 24th, 2002, 10:51 PM
By the by ....

Wouldn't it be easier if we utilized MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger or AIM? We could put each other in our buddy lists and whenever we're online the messenger can page each other. Not so much need to schedule as much (although it's good to have a regular meeting time). And certainly not problem with spam monkeys hopping in and out.

Just sayin'.
Liam Devlin
November 25th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Not a whole lot Liam! Just chilling out, watching some stuff I VCRed on Friday while I was out gaming. BTW, you're up early (or just back from work?)

Also, are you seeing the formatting for this page of the tread all messed up? It's about twice as wide as the screen for me....

Shane--------------------------------------------
Aye its wider than I thought it should be...hmmm? A CoTI site problem, same view as at work too.hmmm. Back at work now...
Liam Devlin
November 25th, 2002, 01:36 AM
It was a grand evening all, thanks to Kentares, MarkA Siefert, CPT Black Light, our hostess EaK, Frank, George(GAB), CPT Rabid Vargr (thats not foam at his mouth, thats sun screen from bein on Hawaii-bleaches the fur if'n ye aren't careful!), Ancients Bruce, & Bryan Gibson; Chron, Ellros, the Mink, Trader Jim,and Shane MacLean. Nobody got shot this weekend (amen), and no rude cruisers rode in.

Topics ran from EaK's wed nite campaign of Square Pigs in space as a livestock cargo on her PC buds ship (placed in a round hold (ROFL!), to Hunting/ Hunters & hunted; and Live roleplaying Traveller last of all, as well as a cornucopia of URLs on topics crossing our fancy!

Ten was the number we maxxed at, though seven seems the average till we got sleepy or ran to work (like me).
Ya'll dew drop by...and don't worry about the K'Kree menu, Emilio assures me the Roadrunner in the stew was plucked before being added in.
Liam Devlin
November 25th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Ladies, gents, a public service announcement:
THIS JUST in!

There is a site called LonedeHuXiLounge--umm kinda adult, and we may wanna think about changin the name, maybe not. This might account fer some of the lewd/ rude visitors we've had since inception...

Liam Devlin-2, Rude persons 0...
notagoodusername
November 25th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Liam Devlin-2, Rude persons 0...And the crowd goes (heretically) wild!

Shane
P.S. Yep, a name change may solve the problem. How abut 'Brubecks'?
Ellros
November 25th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Hmm... how about Strephon's?
notagoodusername
November 25th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Or "The No Porn Traveller RPG Chat Room!!!!!"?

I didn't want to be vague....

Shane
RabidVargr
November 25th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Leave it alone, if they're retarded enough to join cause the first 4 letters match only, they deserve the sensation of a kick/ban...

RV
Liam Devlin
November 25th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Aye, and they make a satisfying crunch when they exceed my rudeness meter (and I'm a tolerant heretic too)...okay. Lets go with that...
Eak
November 25th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Are you seeing the formatting for this page of the thread all messed up? It's about twice as wide as the screen for me....

Shane--------------------------------------------
Aye its wider than I thought it should be...hmmm? A CoTI site problem, same view as at work too.hmmm. Back at work now...</font>[/QUOTE]Actually guys the formatting is extra wide because I posted a couple links using the CODE tag which dosn't parse the test as a clickable URL. It's in my message about how I open the room. It's wide like that because the URL is monsterously long so it'll only display like that for the previous page! smile.gif

Also...

Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Liam Devlin-2, Rude persons 0...And the crowd goes (heretically) wild!

Shane
P.S. Yep, a name change may solve the problem. How abut 'Brubecks'?</font>[/QUOTE]A name change might not be a bad idea so I think I'd like to call for a vote.

Since 10 seems to be the maximum number we've had so far I'll consider five votes as a majority. So please post your vote with a suggestion for the new name :D

Personally I don't think it's a problem right now so I'm going to vote 'Against' a name change however if it becomes an issue I'll change my mind :D

If you want to vote 'For' a name change then I would suggest 'The Traveller RPG Chat' simply because I think it's appropriately dignified and descriptive.

Eak
Scarlett
November 25th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Hehe ... we're chat roleplaying. Yehaw
Liam Devlin
November 26th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Aye, it was good first time in th waters, FLS...
YEHAAA!
T. Foster
November 26th, 2002, 01:42 PM
I haven't been by in a couple weeks (and won't this coming weekend either 'cause of the holiday) but if I may I'd still like to vote Against a name change. The Lone Star is the name of this board, and it's what we've been using for ~2 months now, and if other folks can't avoid confusion, ▮▮▮▮▮▮ 'em.

...However, changing the sub-description from the vague "Welcome, Traveller" to a more specific "Traveller RPG Chat" seems like a pretty harmless concession (just so long as my bookmark still works!).
Scarlett
November 26th, 2002, 07:05 PM
I still think utilizing a messenger proggie would be:

</font> easier</font> more efficient</font> more secure</font>*ShruG* smile.gif
Liam Devlin
November 27th, 2002, 03:27 AM
Open fer bidness, now-follow link on page 4 of this heading...
Liam
Liam Devlin
November 27th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Lonestar closed til T-day. see ya TJ
Bye Mink, FLS.
RabidVargr
November 27th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Lonestar closed til T-day. see ya TJ
Bye Mink, FLS."Closed till T-day he says," Growls the vargr standing in front of the door. Looking around furtivly, ears perked for any sound not his own, he bares his fangs, "We'll see about that, it's not like the place is *Only* his." There's the sound of a click and the vargr's tail starts to wag slowly "Gonna pour his good stuff down the sink, I am." Snickering, the vargr creaps inside, shutting the door quietly behind him.

RV ;)
Liam Devlin
November 27th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Well, RV, I'm closed till then..if'n ye need clarity on the subject.(and dinnae waste the stuff!Not on my acount.).Feel free to host all ye want!
Liam Devlin
November 27th, 2002, 11:27 PM
HALLO!!!
we're open, RV is host (on break!)...
Liam Devlin
November 28th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Thanks RV, and thanks to Tj, Ellros, Frank scarlett, Maspy, and CPT BL, who is now Soc-12!!!
The post heretic'sday party is over..G'night ya'll.
Liam Devlin
November 28th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Lonestar is open...C'mon down!
Father Fletch
November 28th, 2002, 10:52 PM
19:47 my time here in the upper left corner of the American map. When I click on the Lone star link the lovely MSN browser window tells me that I cannot use the chat function because I am using a Mac! Poop!
Not happy! :mad: graemlins/file_28.gif
Scarlett
November 29th, 2002, 02:58 AM
I'd say! Figures MSN would be anti-Mac. Sorry to hear. Many came and you'd have been more than welcome, methinks. :(
Liam Devlin
November 29th, 2002, 03:56 AM
This closes session 2 of Live RPing. SS Ursula now in jumpspace...
Thanks to BL, Ellros/ Maspy/ Frank Lee scarlet/Shane/ TJ/Bryan Gibson,Valen, and mark siefert..

til next we meet!
Sleinte!
Scarlett
November 29th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Twas a blast .... now my character is only worried about the X.O., the Chief Engineer, the Doctor and a crazy Vilani. And that's the people on HIS side. ;)
Liam Devlin
November 29th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Episode 2 is posted FLS, Shane, Valen, Ellros, BG, BL,Mark. Ya'll were GREAT players. :D

FLS, who's the crazy Vilani???
Scarlett
November 29th, 2002, 08:19 PM
The one who looks, sounds and acts like a Virushi. redface.gif

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:

FLS, who's the crazy Vilani???
Liam Devlin
November 29th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Ohhhhhh, the Virushi, Boris! Okies!
Capt. Blacklight
November 30th, 2002, 02:28 AM
And we are still going in the chat room
Liam Devlin
November 30th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Thanks EAk, BL, Chron, Maspy, Big Mike, Shane,Ellros, Bryan Gibson, and FLS! Closin her till tonight...
was great--again!

Slainte!
;)
Eak
December 1st, 2002, 12:11 PM
Greetings!

The Lone Star Chat (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1) is now open for business!

Eak
themink
December 1st, 2002, 11:00 PM
g'day

Sorry I missed it all- Things have been a little strange over the weekend - I probably won;t be arround much for the next week or two.

Have fun y'all
Capt. Blacklight
December 1st, 2002, 11:40 PM
Well, It nice to have everyone show up. And as the Last one standing I shut off the lights and closed and cleaned up the bar. Till next time everyone, enjoy (and maybe I'll have only one personality)
Liam Devlin
December 2nd, 2002, 07:05 PM
The game is afot! Lets role...!
Scarlett
December 2nd, 2002, 10:45 PM
Read the third session transcript (up to the point I joined). Evil! EVIL! lol

I'm never gonna talk about old sessions again! (j/k)

Sorry I was late - looked good. Glad I at least made the last part. This adventure is action packed! :D

btw ... the group is awesome. Everyone an excellent character interactor and quite inventive playing from both the ref's and players imo. I'm having to really keep on my toes. No sleeping during this game, for sure!
notagoodusername
December 2nd, 2002, 11:43 PM
Well, it's over for another day. The place is clean and tidy, the lights are out.

Wow, what a session.

Its 0534, and I'm off to bed...

Shane
Liam Devlin
December 3rd, 2002, 01:35 AM
Thank you for the fine words, on the action, and plot line follow thru guys, lady. Ya'll make this game a breeze and a mind bender to do fer ya!
Special thanks to Pete for droppin in (the evil GM who got our dear man Shane into Traveller in the first place!) and playing the role of SHorty, our Solomani Engineer/mechanic, and his trusty "Mr Wrench"!LOL.

Our players tonight were: CPT BL (CPT Winton); Eak (XO-CDR Eakheia); Bryan Gibson(Cheif ENG Sushi); Shane (Dr Hartley james); pete (SHorty); Frank L Scarlett (Mr Scarlett);Chron (LCDR Alexander James); Ellros (Lt Hawkins); Maspy as "WEAPS" (LCDR Felix Markov)...
&lt;bows to you all&gt;. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

a pleasure to be of service!
I will return to the helm of these capers 23 DEC 2002 & 30 DEC 2002. A Two week breather after the last three weeks (the Army sends me places they tell me!) ;)
Liam Devlin
December 3rd, 2002, 08:08 PM
The Door is open on page 6!! Ellros, Frank, Mink, RV? GAB? HULLLOOO???!!!Heck even Hunter!DR SKULL? Ya'll drop by!
Liam
Liam Devlin
December 3rd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Thanks BL, Chron, Frank. Glad we have that settled now..two weeks off from the game.
Eak
December 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Good morning Travellers!

Here's the Link for The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)

I will be unable to attend untill late today however please go ahead and chat without me :D

Eak
chron187
December 8th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Bah nobody is their but it says the room is up one of the regulars can E-mail me when where serious about chat smile.gif
trader jim
December 8th, 2002, 02:46 PM
hey guys i will hag out at lone star if anyone wanst to say hi.....any subject
Eak
December 8th, 2002, 03:49 PM
The Lone Star Chat is open for Business!

Eak
far-trader
December 8th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Father Fletch:
&lt;snip&gt; When I click on the Lone star link the lovely MSN browser window tells me that I cannot use the chat function because I am using a Mac! Poop!
Not happy! :mad: graemlins/file_28.gif Same here Padre graemlins/file_28.gif makes joining in the fun a major hassle and pain :rolleyes: but I don't expect MSN to be workin extra hours so we few can have the privilege of using their system graemlins/file_22.gif

So what about FLS's suggestion of switching to a more platform open alternative? I'd like it, so I think that'd be three of us for sure (what do we need for a quorum here? And a vote graemlins/file_23.gif )

Oh well, worst comes to worst I guess I could try to get my virtual PC working again, it's kinda buggy and slow but it might not crash too often just trying to chat graemlins/file_22.gif
Eak
December 8th, 2002, 07:06 PM
For any of you who have an IRC client and want to chat I've opened the '#Lone_Star' on the 'Psionics.net' server listed below.

Server: chat.psionics.net
Port: 6667

After conencting just type '/Join #Lone_Star' and you're there smile.gif

The IRC route is a great deal less persnikity than MSN.

Eak
Eak
December 8th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Well... dosn't look like anyone's going to show and it's getting late so I'm shutting down the IRC chat room.

Eak
themink
December 8th, 2002, 10:36 PM
As an interesting asside, I got retrenched on Friday, so I'll be much less regular on CotI in future - at least until I get another job.

Have fun y'all.
Prometheus
December 9th, 2002, 05:05 PM
anybody want to talk?
Prometheus
December 9th, 2002, 05:31 PM
chat room is open come on in and play pin the tail on the K'Kree.
Prometheus
December 9th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Open tonight pan galactic gargle balsters special and later the droyne tossing contest..
ladies get in free!!!!!
so come one come all to the lone star chat!
http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+ Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1 (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)
Prometheus
December 9th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Open tonight pan galactic gargle balsters special and later the droyne tossing contest..
ladies get in free!!!!!
so come one come all to the lone star chat!
http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+ Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1
RabidVargr
December 11th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Room's up, no running though!

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=UL&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=RPG+stuff%2C+you+wouldn%27t+understand&welcome=Wassssuuuupppp%2C+grab+a+Havacola+and+a+st ool%21& prFilter=1&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

RV
Eak
December 15th, 2002, 12:00 PM
For those who may be interested...

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1) Is now open for business!

Eak
Liam Devlin
December 16th, 2002, 10:19 PM
The room is open, I am back!(and there was some rejoicing!)
Liam Devlin
December 19th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Door's open.
Liam
Eak
December 21st, 2002, 08:49 AM
For anyone who wants to drop by and say 'Hi!' on this friday evening the chat room is open at the following link...

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

Eak
kafka47
December 21st, 2002, 10:09 AM
Nobody home between 8:20=8:33 EST...
Liam Devlin
December 21st, 2002, 10:33 AM
Lets try this ONE more time, shall we? House is open,, c'mon down...(no running tonight, just jabberin, chattin, etc.)
trader jim
December 21st, 2002, 11:19 AM
RATS...I cant get on the Chat room from work!!!!
Eak
December 22nd, 2002, 01:10 AM
My appologies guys, I had a pretty strenuous day yesterday and the sandman finally caught up with me around 8:15 or so after Bryan left. If you showed up afterwards I'm really sorry I wasn't there :(

Eak
Liam Devlin
December 22nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
S'all right Eak. I nodded off the night before lastafter waiting two hours..same reasons-wiped out! Thanks fer Ellros, Frank, Mark, BG, Big Mike and CPt Blacklight, as well a the nice lady from texas who "jus dropped by".

Sonntag!(Sunday!)
Rodina
December 22nd, 2002, 02:50 PM
I'm on the chat right now - 10:15 pacific time. Stop by if you are around... I'll be surfing for a bit but will check in every few minutes.

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1&pps=k
Liam Devlin
December 23rd, 2002, 01:13 AM
Its 1034hrs am CST (1134 Wash DC time). The door is open...an early birds? Season's Greetings
Eak
December 23rd, 2002, 03:28 AM
The Lone Star is Open! it actually has been for an hour, I just forgot to post the message... Oops :(

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

Eak
Liam Devlin
December 23rd, 2002, 05:46 AM
Thanks BL, Rabid vargr, Eak, and Shane fer droppin in. The COTI clock seems off by about 8.25 hrs or so.
Odd that. Still here though...1508pm CST/ 1608 Wash DC time.
Jame
December 23rd, 2002, 06:30 AM
Is this chat open to anyone?
Liam Devlin
December 23rd, 2002, 09:30 AM
Aye, Mark Siefert and I are still here...
Liam Devlin
December 23rd, 2002, 09:30 AM
Aye, Mark Siefert and I are still here...
Liam Devlin
December 23rd, 2002, 10:36 AM
This closes the house fer me..G'night!
bryan gibson
December 24th, 2002, 10:34 AM
hey, guys!

The further adventures of the crew of the Ursula are underway!Lone star chattin!

Bryan
Liam Devlin
December 24th, 2002, 02:45 PM
at 0007hrs 24 DEc we shut the game down.(CST)
Liam
bryan gibson
December 29th, 2002, 10:01 PM
yup yup... the lone star is still open for the chatting of photonic energies!

Bryan
Eak
December 30th, 2002, 03:26 AM
The Lone Star is Open!

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

Eak
Maspy
December 30th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Game on!

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1&pps=k

For any lagging crew(wo)men or those who want to watch or join in. The intrepid vessel Ursula flys again.
bryan gibson
December 31st, 2002, 10:12 PM
the lone star is open for those of us who do the new years in a more computer sorta way!

Bryan
Liam Devlin
January 4th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Door is open! (use EAK's link on this page several posts up!)...
Liam Devlin
January 4th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Well its pumpkin time! Night ya'll!
jzeitlin
January 4th, 2003, 06:13 PM
For some reason, I absolutely cannot get into MSN chats. Period. No argument. I'm on a PC, and it thinks I'm on a Mac. Sometimes. Other times, it just fails, no reason why, and I have to reboot.

I'm frustrated. So, I'm going to offer an alternative.

For those of you who have IRC capability - on any platform - you can come visit the channel #traveller on the Undernet network. The channel is a registered channel, available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 52 weeks per year, plus we throw in an extra day each year, and a second one in leap years smile.gif just to give you an opportunity to stop in. We even have our own bartender and dice roller, "Brubek". Your host is me, under the nick "FreeTrav", but if I'm not there, the channel is, anyway.

Sorry for plugging, but since I can't find you, I figured I'd offer you me instead, just on the off-chance.
Liam Devlin
January 4th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Mr Zeitlin, you can reach me at:
devlin12@ipa.net
liamdevlin33@hotmail.com

Have been in SCA 22 years+, and a gamer/GM since 1980. Love the Freelance site( I constantly refer folks here to it, btw, shameless plugging, )
Capt. Blacklight
January 12th, 2003, 01:26 PM
we're Back
We're open
Come on and join us for all things ........Strange
KrasnyKot
January 17th, 2003, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff Zeitlin:
[QB]For some reason, I absolutely cannot get into MSN chats.
I've no problem joining in, but there's almost always nobody in there. And I have some Problems counting timezones, therefore I don't understand the times given, yes really, we have max out at three of them over here.
[QUOTE]I'm frustrated.
I'm too
Liam Devlin
January 17th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Mr Zeitlin, Krasnykot(sp?), we rendezvous at 12 noon CST/US/ Canada time Sunday's.

Any other meeting times are between those who gather on that day..its very informal, actually.
there are draw backs..spambots, and adult site wanderer's, please identify yerself with this password to thsoe present:
"I am not a spam!" (ye dinnae haveta use quote marks tho)
I am A Traveller!
I am from CoTI!

any of these will prevent accidental bot smashing/ sophont abuse.

Liam,
Bot smasher, Pornodog crusher, Rude person eliminator (and I'm the tolerant one!)
Rodina
January 19th, 2003, 01:22 AM
10:17PM pacific, hanging out at The Lone Star chat --- join me if you can, I'll be here for a bit anywhooo
Liam Devlin
January 19th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Its Sunday 19 Jan 03 / 0951am CST..Rodina, Knock knock! doors open!
Capt. Blacklight
January 20th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks to everyone that Stuck around tonight. the Bar is closed Now for tonight.
Liam Devlin
January 20th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:
Thanks to everyone that Stuck around tonight. the Bar is closed Now for tonight.-----------------------------------------------
Aye and a grand day it was too! Bruce, Chron, Kentares, BL, Eak,BG,Maspy,Mark Siefert, Bahli-Padma, sorry had to go at 2200hrs! see ya next week!

liam
Eak
January 26th, 2003, 12:04 PM
The Lone Star Chat is Open!

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

Eak
Liam Devlin
February 2nd, 2003, 05:34 AM
The door is open! Its Sunday!!!!!
Wee Liam here in the LSCR...bartending, and CJayed up..0422 CST Am.(US/CAN), 1122 yer time Shane
notagoodusername
February 2nd, 2003, 06:10 AM
Alright Liam - point taken. I'm a-coming...

BTW, isn't it great that the active post list now jumps you straight to the most recent post..

Shane
Liam Devlin
February 2nd, 2003, 06:53 AM
Aye it is. G'night shane! LSCR takes a break till daylight USA time..
LcKedovan
February 2nd, 2003, 07:13 AM
dang how come I always miss the fun! ;)

-W
LcKedovan
February 2nd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Well looks like Blacklight started it up again in http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Traveller+RPG+Chat%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1&pps=k

I'm in there idling, hoping some others join smile.gif

-W.
Capt. Blacklight
February 9th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Again it's sunday Folks. Come to the Lone star... See the Ballroom. Want to see the Ballroom?

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1
Capt. Blacklight
February 16th, 2003, 02:07 PM
well it's sunday ...strange who it seems like just seven days ago we said the same thing...
Come to the Lone Star...meet single women.... They just keep wandering in:)

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1&pps=k
Jame
February 16th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Now that I've played face to face, I'd join, but I don't trust MSN...
notagoodusername
February 16th, 2003, 04:38 PM
This isn't a game, Jame (hey - a rhyme!), just a chat. Then again, it is still MSN.

Shane
Jame
February 16th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Yer a poet, and ya very well know it!

Alright, so it's a chat. My misperception. I'd still be happy to join, but I don't know enough about MSN's sign-up features to do so.
Capt. Blacklight
March 9th, 2003, 09:46 AM
All right, it's early, but it's open.

Join us in the Bar. stick around and see everyone:)
Capt. Blacklight
March 16th, 2003, 11:31 AM
come on In the chatinating is Fiiiinnnnnnnneeeeee

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)
Eak
March 23rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
*BUMP*

Open for Business folks!

Eak
Capt. Blacklight
March 30th, 2003, 12:10 PM
it's after 11:00am here and No one is chattin' but me?
LcKedovan
March 30th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:
it's after 11:00am here and No one is chattin' but me? and ME and ME! ;)
Capt. Blacklight
April 13th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Alrighty then, after not posting that fact that the Star is open last week and no one showing.. here we go

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

Also known as the Lone Star is OPEN folks...
Come one in.
Capt. Blacklight
April 27th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Since it is sunday. Lets open the chat room and see what mayhem the Crew of Ursula can bring to This world;)

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)
Antares Administration
April 27th, 2003, 12:16 PM
"Banned for violation of a code of conduct."?

Considering that this is my first time ever logging in, that's obviously not right.

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my log in to the Lone Star?

Paul Nemeth
AA
LcKedovan
April 27th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Antares Administration:
"Banned for violation of a code of conduct."?

Considering that this is my first time ever logging in, that's obviously not right.

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my log in to the Lone Star?

Paul Nemeth
AA Maybe it is a global ban on your host rather than you specifically?

-W.
siefertma2
April 27th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Ken! Hunter! Just to let you know I was away from the keyboard when I was in and I forgot to "cup out." I wasn't trying to be impersonal.
hunter
April 27th, 2003, 06:21 PM
No problem. Gonna grab me some chow and will probably pop back in in an hour or so.

Hunter
Jame
April 27th, 2003, 07:11 PM
If the Lone Star Chat is the ISS Ursula site, I may at some point show up, but may also never show up. I still have to decide.

E. A. Kinser doesn't seem to have been here in a while...
Liam Devlin
April 28th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Jame:
If the Lone Star Chat is the ISS Ursula site, I may at some point show up, but may also never show up. I still have to decide.

E. A. Kinser doesn't seem to have been here in a while... Au contraire, mon frere Jame!

The Lone Star Chat Room IS NOT the ISS URSULA site.. but ye will find a lot of opur crew go hang their hats and have a chat there.. tis where it all started..

(remember to tip the Ithklur valet on the way out..! ;) graemlins/file_23.gif )
LcKedovan
April 28th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
Ken! Hunter! Just to let you know I was away from the keyboard when I was in and I forgot to "cup out." I wasn't trying to be impersonal. SUUUUUUUURE Mark, comment to Ken and Hunter about being AFK but fail to mention me coming on and cursing your sci-fi mini pimping @$$!!!! ;) tongue.gif ;) graemlins/file_21.gif . Impersonal indeeeeeeed!


-W. (Udephaeg Vhargh, formerly of the ISS Ursula Penal Crew)
Capt. Blacklight
May 4th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Come, talk the the soon to be Ex-Naval captian and his merry band of misfits.

In other words the Lonestar is open, and Shane is Buying.

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1
siefertma2
May 4th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I'm alone... I'm aaaall alone.
notagoodusername
May 4th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
I'm alone... I'm aaaall alone. No you aint! You lie sir!

;)

Shane
Liam Devlin
May 4th, 2003, 07:21 PM
HERETICS in da HOUSE!
Lonestar chat room, hey ya'll CoTI folks!
the chatinatin is fine!
(no porn, no spam, no rude folks!)
hunter
May 5th, 2003, 07:50 PM
I just added a link on the main navigation for the site along with a page letting folks know how to access the Lone Star.

Hunter
Liam Devlin
May 6th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks hunter!

(of course we'll still get folks thinking we're from texas of course...we'll blame it on Bruce!) ;) :D
hunter
May 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Thanks hunter!

(of course we'll still get folks thinking we're from texas of course...we'll blame it on Bruce!) ;) :D Always a good place to stick the blame!

(ducks and runs to hide before Bruce finds him)

Hunter
Bruce
May 6th, 2003, 11:55 PM
You best run Buckaroo!

*grin*

Bruce
The Man Behind the Cattle Prod
Jame
May 7th, 2003, 09:32 AM
I have an idea - if it works, I might make an occasional appearance here and on the Ursula...
Liam Devlin
May 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Then we'll leave the door cracked, the pot boilin, and the light on fer ya..
Jame
May 9th, 2003, 09:08 AM
This is gonna take a while... But thanks!
Liam Devlin
May 10th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Ser jame, folks, I gotta make an appearance at a ren Faire tomorrey(today-looks at watch), be in late, lake after 7pm CST..).

Jus warnin ya! ;)
(NO, I ain't lifting anything over 15lbs-Drs orders!)
:eek: :rolleyes:
Liam Devlin
May 11th, 2003, 02:23 PM
This bein here mother's Day, I'm openin the house up! C'mon in..
Ya'll be nice an polite too! remember our policy- No spam :mad: , no porn :mad: , no rude folks! graemlins/file_23.gif
Liam Devlin
May 11th, 2003, 09:48 PM
HEY! The chatinatin is fine!
we got mark Siefert; Bryan gibson, Maspy, Me, Casey, EAK, and darth Sillyus in the HOUSE!
Liam Devlin
May 12th, 2003, 01:28 AM
This closes the chat room lounge fer the week! Thanks fer showin up, Bruce, Erin, Blacklight, (Hunter, yet again!), casey, darth sillyus, mark Siefert, Bryan gibson,..

fer thems of yas that missed it..
one word..

MAXIMOG! :D

outta heah!C-ya! ;)
Jame
May 16th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Somehow I don't think my plan will work... I'll try once more, though!

EAK hasn't been to the CotI boards in a while...
Capt. Blacklight
May 16th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Oh she's been around, But mostly it's as the Chat Mistress.

Couldn't Have a Sunday with out her.

Originally posted by Jame:
Somehow I don't think my plan will work... I'll try once more, though!

EAK hasn't been to the CotI boards in a while...
Liam Devlin
May 17th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Aye, jame, wouldn't be the same without Eakers there..really! Ya dinnae know what ya missin lad! ;)
Jame
May 17th, 2003, 03:42 PM
If she's been here, then I must have missed her. And Liam, I haven't gotten to the Ursula yet, so I can't say anything about that.
Liam Devlin
May 17th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Well jame, she was there last Sunday..as was Bryan Gibson, Hunter, and Bruce--three of our Ancients here on CoTI...
we generally start about 12-1300hrs Central Time (EAk lives in eastern time in Ohio and we chat till we drop off)..\Occaisionally we see folks from Hawaii and Spain (hiyas Kentares!)...
Hit or miss, its yer time..
Kentares
May 17th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
...and Spain (hiyas Kentares!)...WHAT!? SPAIN!? Never ever call Spain to Portugal or else...!


:D

Seriously now... Spain and Portugal are two different free nations. And I´m from Portugal not Spain. I´m sure it was an innocent mistake, Liam.
No harm done :D
Liam Devlin
May 17th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Portugal! of course!!!(D'OH!) :eek:

And the band played "Lights of Lisbon" (Glen Miller)...
Yeaps, it was a Mistake! ;) :D
Capt. Blacklight
May 18th, 2003, 12:15 PM
It's Sunday morning, the coffeejuice is a bubbling, and the room is open for your Chatting pleasures.

Come to the Lonestar, the Lonestar calls to you :D
Liam Devlin
May 18th, 2003, 06:22 PM
And once again, "In like Flynn!'
Slainte!
Jame
May 19th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Hey Liam, do you mean here on the CotI boards, or on the ISS Ursula and Lone Star Chat?

'Cause I'm talking about here on the CotI boards.
Liam Devlin
May 19th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Lonestar, Jame..on Lonestar!(the chat rom, not the topic page! ;) )
Jame
May 19th, 2003, 08:29 AM
That would explain things. Perhaps I'll visit the Chat sooner, as opposed to later... :cool:
Capt. Blacklight
May 25th, 2003, 10:43 AM
It's Open it's Open
it's Memorial Day weekend.
I still bet you all want to chat.

COME ON IN the 'STAR is OPEN
siefertma2
May 25th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:
It's Open it's Open
it's Memorial Day weekend.
I still bet you all want to chat.

COME ON IN the 'STAR is OPEN I'm there now and no one is here... :(

Loooonely... I'm mister looooonely....
Liam Devlin
May 25th, 2003, 06:52 PM
HO-Yawnnn!
HERETIC IN TH' HOUSE!!!!
(YO! mARK...WAKE-UP!)
Liam Devlin
May 26th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Enjoyed the company of ANCIENTS Hunter, Bruce,Bryan Gibson; our host tonight, Casey, guests Mark Siefert, CPT Tylor, and Darth Sillyus, as well as cameo appearances by CPT BlackLight, and some folks who think we're from Texas..(LOL)!

have a virtual Guiness on us!
Night, ya'll! ;) :D :cool:
Liam Devlin
June 1st, 2003, 09:16 AM
Here it is June already! Wow..,been at this Lonestar chat thing running for 9 months now..

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

We'd like to thank our patrons, and founding Ste.s EaK, and LisaGB for this wonderful habitat/ room idea, at this time.. Ya'll drop by today and say Howdy, etc.. ;)
Liam Devlin
June 1st, 2003, 09:17 AM
PS: I'll be in and out all day, so I'll try to pop in and say Hiyas when I can!
clementk
June 1st, 2003, 01:24 PM
Casey/ Asu at the Lone Star now! N' Captain Blacklight himself!

Casey
hunter
June 1st, 2003, 03:32 PM
Come on in folks. The water is fine ;)

Hunter
Jame
June 1st, 2003, 04:52 PM
Too bad AOL accounts don't come with dotnet passports. And now it won't let me get one. Wasn't there something about getting invited into one of these?

Edit at 4:56 pm: I still say that _while_ EAK has been to ISS Ursula and the Lone Star Chat, EAK (she, right?) hasn't been here to COTI lately.
siefertma2
June 1st, 2003, 08:36 PM
Sadly, because of my work situation, I'm unable to come into to chat anymore. Maybe if I get to switch to a morning shift later this summer I can come back on board.
hunter
June 1st, 2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
Sadly, because of my work situation, I'm unable to come into to chat anymore. Maybe if I get to switch to a morning shift later this summer I can come back on board. So quit yer job already! Sheesh, get yer priorities in order man!

:D

Hunter
clementk
June 2nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Sorry about zoning out towards the end there, got busy with other things and forgot to cup out. redface.gif :(

Hopefully I'll get to chat with anyone I missed next time! tongue.gif :cool:

Casey
Liam Devlin
June 8th, 2003, 08:53 AM
The door is open, I'll be in and out all day!!!
Enjoy the company, and chat!
And be nice! Texas-ians lurkin out there drop in and say Howdy! ( its a common occurrence,be polite, pleez!--No Porn No Rude folk! have hammers will pass out, to spam eliminators!)

Cead Maile Fealte!
http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1
clementk
June 8th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Same here. Off to get some lunch soon but I'll back, if nothing else to watch Kate Backinsale in the Underworld Teaser Trailer again (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworld/) ! :cool: graemlins/file_23.gif :eek: ;) tongue.gif

Casey
Mythmere
June 8th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Froze out trying to get in. Trying again.
clementk
June 8th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mythmere:
Froze out trying to get in. Trying again. Dolt! Hope you're able to get back in ok. Most of us are currently playing in a online game or otherwise busy so if you drop on by and don't get an instant response, whisper me once and I'll get to you as soon as I can!

Casey
Mythmere
June 8th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Got in fine, that was when we were talking, o Steerpike! On my way back in now.
clementk
June 13th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Mythmere:
Got in fine, that was when we were talking, o Steerpike! On my way back in now. Heh Steerpike! I still prefer Lord Sepulchrave (Lord Groan) himself. Hoot hoot! graemlins/file_23.gif :eek: :confused: graemlins/toast.gif

So many wonderful characters. :cool:

Have to see about this Sunday, with Father's Day and all.

Casey
clementk
June 15th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Lone Star Chat's open! Drop in by if you have a chance between Father's Day stuff.

Casey
clementk
June 15th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Shane hope you can drop by again. Some are also over on Ursula.

Casey (who was cupped out when you got bumpernated)
Capt. Blacklight
June 22nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Hello all
the Bar is Open, drinks are Free.
Come chat with your Fellows and regale us with your stories.

The Lone star is Open for Business
Mythmere
June 22nd, 2003, 11:20 PM
open again. Where is everyone?
Liam Devlin
June 29th, 2003, 12:14 PM
KAWAII!! HERETICS IN TH' HOUSE!

lonestar is now open..Liam servin' breakfast n brunch! Bar's been open fer an hr..(virtual guiness and other potables at yer service!) :D

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1
PapaGolfWhiskey
June 29th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Ummm. I have an MSN passport but use Trillian.

anyone know how I can make this work? or do I have to dowload MSN. (Won't do it.)
clementk
June 30th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Garf:
Ummm. I have an MSN passport but use Trillian.

anyone know how I can make this work? or do I have to dowload MSN. (Won't do it.) It works in your browser, not an IM client. (btw I use Trillian as well, very cool program)

Depending on your browser it requires either a plug-in (Netscape) or an Active-X control (IE). Dunno about other browsers. You may have to drop your browser security a little for a bit until the chat stuff is loaded and then raise it back up.

To get there, see the link a few posts back. You'll be prompted to enter your .net/Passport login info. See ya next week hopefully!

Casey up nursing a sore throat
PapaGolfWhiskey
June 30th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Aha.. just had to accept a plugin download. I misread it. Thought they were trying to download the MSN chat proggy itself.
PapaGolfWhiskey
July 1st, 2003, 12:43 AM
0045 EDT. July 1st (Happy Canada Day!!!)

Online and willin' to chat.
Redleg58
July 1st, 2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Blacklight:
Hello all
the Bar is Open, drinks are Free.
Come chat with your Fellows and regale us with your stories.

The Lone star is Open for Business When is the next one?
clementk
July 1st, 2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Don M:
When is the next one? Next scheduled is next Sunday starting from whenever someone opens the Bar. Usually around noon EST.
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/lonestar.html
for more info

Casey
Redleg58
July 1st, 2003, 01:16 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Next scheduled is next Sunday starting from whenever someone opens the Bar. Usually around noon EST.
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/lonestar.html
for more info

Casey [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks will try to be there.... smile.gif
PapaGolfWhiskey
July 6th, 2003, 01:04 PM
1300 EDT.

Woot! looks like I'm first.
clementk
July 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
There as well now. Shane's in for a while too! Woot! GM advice for Traveller being dispensed along with t3h fun!

Casey
notagoodusername
July 6th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Yep, 11-strong and hotting up. The chattinating is fine.

Pete and Liam are holding an advice masterclass and all is good!


Shane
Liam Devlin
July 7th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Yep, 11-strong and hotting up. The chattinating is fine.

Pete and Liam are holding an advice masterclass and all is good!


Shane ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Evil GM plot device advice was dispensed unto a lady GM who will be at GenCon..

Ya'll don't know what nasty tricks we gave her!!! Unless you were here! Oops..bars closed ! graemlins/file_23.gif graemlins/file_23.gif graemlins/file_23.gif
Guess ye poor gamers will just haveta wait n see!
(Go get em Shar_Leigh!-WHoo Hoo!)
Redleg58
July 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Yep, 11-strong and hotting up. The chattinating is fine.

Pete and Liam are holding an advice masterclass and all is good!


Shane And a great time was had by all..... :D
Liam Devlin
July 10th, 2003, 04:26 AM
heads up this Sunday-- I shant be in til late if at all- tis a Drill weekend. I'm sure someone else can be MoC & bartender..Ya'll drop by now, ya hear? Ye dinnae know what yer missing! ;) :cool:
Capt. Blacklight
July 13th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Sorry for starting the game out so late folks, But......

The Star is Open

come and regale us with your tales
Antares Administration
July 13th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Well I tried to log on again, and the system still insists that I'm blacklisted, and offers no way to correct the problem. I've never been able to sign on. :mad:

Paul Nemeth
AA
notagoodusername
July 13th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Antares Administration:
Well I tried to log on again, and the system still insists that I'm blacklisted, and offers no way to correct the problem. I've never been able to sign on. :mad:

Paul Nemeth
AA Damn right, Paul. Any idea how hard it is to get an IP blacklisted? We can't have just any riff-raff wandering in... graemlins/file_23.gif ;)

On a more serious note, have you got a laptop to try from? We'd love to have you drop in.


Shane
trader jim
July 13th, 2003, 03:38 PM
well i tried again....msn wont let me sign on ..says i am using someone elses address and i gotta cgang it..what crock!! had the same address for several years now, and used to be able to join the fun...stupid MSN!!! :mad: :mad:
clementk
July 13th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by trader jim:
well i tried again....msn wont let me sign on ..says i am using someone elses address and i gotta cgang it..what crock!! had the same address for several years now, and used to be able to join the fun...stupid MSN!!! :mad: :mad: ? I'd email MSN stat if you can find a contact email address. Perhaps somebody used your addy by mistake.

Hunter's been on as well as some other folk. Letting dinner settle at the moment myself. smile.gif

Casey
kafka47
July 13th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Just start a new virtual identity and call out it is the evil Trader Jim, as a solution. Do it now so that you can join in.
Antares Administration
July 13th, 2003, 07:14 PM
I'm finally in, and no one's here.

Well, hopefully I won't have problems the next time I try...

Paul Nemeth
AA
clementk
July 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Antares Administration:
I'm finally in, and no one's here.

Back in! smile.gif

Casey
clementk
July 14th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Just closed the Bar down for another session. See you next Sunday!

Casey
Cymew
July 14th, 2003, 03:19 AM
What happened to the IRC idea? For all of us who are not trapped in Microsoft-land, it is a superior alternative (and to you others to, you just don't know it yet smile.gif .

Wasn't there enough interest in IRC? Oh, well. I can live with it. I do enjoy our exchanges here also.
clementk
July 14th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Cymew:
What happened to the IRC idea? It did come up yesterday while the Lone Star was open. I believe they are looking into it. FWIW, I'm comfortable with both and IRC does have several advantages over MSN Chat.

Casey
grendelttroll
July 19th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Casey:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cymew:
What happened to the IRC idea? It did come up yesterday while the Lone Star was open. I believe they are looking into it. FWIW, I'm comfortable with both and IRC does have several advantages over MSN Chat.

Casey </font>[/QUOTE]One of the advantages is that you don't have to use M$ Internet Exploder to access it - which is the main reason I have never logged on to LSC @ MSN.
clementk
July 20th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Grendel T. Troll:
One of the advantages is that you don't have to use M$ Internet Exploder to access it - which is the main reason I have never logged on to LSC @ MSN. You can use it on Netscape/Mozilla as well using a plug-in IIRC.

Casey
Liam Devlin
July 20th, 2003, 09:34 AM
GOOD Morning!!!
Tis the Lonestar before GenCon..&lt;sweeps floor&gt;! stop by fer a few today, and chatternate..ya'll do drop in, kay? follow Hunter's links or

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1

this will take ya there too..&lt;smiles&gt;
mad13142000
July 20th, 2003, 04:20 PM
OK, I see alot of people HERE, and not Chatting away at the LoneStar...
WHY NOT?

-MADDog
Jame
July 20th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Hmmm... 'Cause I can't get in without an MSN PassablePort? Say hi to those who are there for me, please!
bryan gibson
July 27th, 2003, 01:18 PM
chats open, as of ...well, NOW!


Too bad for jame, love to chat at him some time.

Bryan Gibson

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét