Thứ Hai, 6 tháng 8, 2018

The Lone Star Chat! page 2

Jame
July 27th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Yes, too bad, maybe possibly someday. You can chat at me here if you want.
clementk
July 27th, 2003, 01:55 PM
In! And we have at least one GenCon survivor.
Liam Devlin
July 27th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Back..I survived GENCOn 2003..some guy named Bruce got three Cheeseburgers from me..Hope that was you, Oh Ancient One..cuz there was no booth..
graemlins/paragraph.gif Irony of ironies..QLI's booth space was taken by the US ARMY Recruiting!!!!(LMAO-I owe em 6.5 years!) Nice wargames and vid stuff they had fer folks to play n shoot with..

graemlins/paragraph.gif Where were we???

graemlins/paragraph.gif Well Flynn (J.Kemp) & I ran T20 games-his were shceduled and muine were ad hoc/Frago-on the fly out of Gateway & Obj o Mind..
graemlins/paragraph.gif Sharleigh & Mark Siefert, and I converted a new player to Traveller T20..so, proselytizing was enacted..
notagoodusername
July 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Hi Dan,

Welcome back!

Shane
Liam Devlin
July 28th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
Hi Dan,

Welcome back!

Shane +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Aye, and Liam Devlin, Pirate King returns.. graemlins/file_23.gif
clementk
July 28th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Aye, and Liam Devlin, Pirate King returns.. graemlins/file_23.gif Uh oh <motions for Asu to start running> ;) tongue.gif graemlins/file_23.gif

<remembering to set up the vcr to tape the repeat of Conquest: Pirate Weapons>

Arrrrrrrr!

<closes the Lone Star>

Until next time good folk!
<bows>

Casey
Scarlett
July 28th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Back..I survived GENCOn 2003..some guy named Bruce got three Cheeseburgers from me..Mmmmmm ... cheeseburgers. Dammit dammit dammit.
Liam Devlin
July 28th, 2003, 02:35 AM
FRANK!!! WOOT! heyas, no have seen you since before December last year!!! Welcome back!!
Scarlett
July 28th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Glad to find my way back. That was one helluva party. I've finally managed to get the mysterious tatoos removed and all the marriages anulled.
jzeitlin
August 3rd, 2003, 05:31 AM
Hey, folks - just want to raise a flag - over in Administration/Bureaucracy, I'll be posting copies of the Freelance Traveller update announcements, under the topic "Freelance Traveller News". The latest one just went up as I write this.

I'm also hoping to be in on a more frequent basis; it looks like I'm going to be posted to a precinct that I know has a wireless connection in the neighborhood that I can leech from when I'm not on a service ticket.
graemlins/omega.gif
gentloser
August 3rd, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by E. A. Kinser:

The Lone Star Chat! (http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=The+Lone+Star&cat=GN&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=Welcome%21&welcome=Welcome%21&loc=EN-US&newroom=1)

Eak I'd like to come over and join the chat but as it's hosted on MSN it won't work on my Apple iBook using Safari browser and OS10.2.6
Maybe someone would like to move the chat some more cross platform friendly?
clementk
August 3rd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by gentloser:
I'd like to come over and join the chat but as it's hosted on MSN it won't work on my Apple iBook using Safari browser and OS10.2.6
Maybe someone would like to move the chat some more cross platform friendly? Yeah that is a problem with MSN Chat. As referenced in the last page or so there have been some talk of setting up a IRC version which is quite cross-platform friendly.

Though IMO MSN should also make at least a OS9/10 compatible version of the chat software, but they haven't. While I'm dreaming they could make a Unix/Linus version, and oh a Atari ST version as well.

Casey
notagoodusername
August 3rd, 2003, 04:15 PM
Come one, come all! We are chatting to a pleasant new arrival, insulting Liam and generally carrying on about Hooters waitresses, Monty Python and stuff.

It's fun!

Come in!

Shane
Liam Devlin
August 3rd, 2003, 09:58 PM
oh yeah, and give yer recipe fer cholic treatments to Shane..what with the new bairn n all..<grins>! Traveller chatternatin at its finest..

<and ye still dinnae know where that goat is do ya shane?>
mad13142000
August 5th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Hey...It's 8:30 on Tuesday, and there are 54 (!!) people hanging out on the CotI boards...Why does the Lonestar only open on Sunday??? Brubeks is open everyday... Is it because of how MSN Chat is set up?

just wondering
-MADDog
notagoodusername
August 6th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MADDog:
Hey...It's 8:30 on Tuesday, and there are 54 (!!) people hanging out on the CotI boards...Why does the Lonestar only open on Sunday??? Brubeks is open everyday... Is it because of how MSN Chat is set up?

just wondering
-MADDog It opens anytime anyone clicks on the link, we just say every sunday so people know when they are most likely to catch a load of peole there. But really, anytime you want to open it just do so!

Shane
kaladorn
August 6th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Let me further add a vote for an IRC version of the chat. Why? IRC is a far more open standard, far more available (in some senses...), and there are a plethora of IRC clients out there to choose from.
And it avoids Micro$haft......

(And hey.... this is the tech that GRIP is built on, so it must be good!)
hunter
August 10th, 2003, 03:43 PM
The Lone Star is open!

How to get there (http://www.TravellerRPG.com/lonestar.html)

Come on in, the water's fine!

Hunter
grendelttroll
August 13th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Casey:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gentloser:
I'd like to come over and join the chat but as it's hosted on MSN it won't work on my Apple iBook using Safari browser and OS10.2.6
Maybe someone would like to move the chat some more cross platform friendly? Yeah that is a problem with MSN Chat. As referenced in the last page or so there have been some talk of setting up a IRC version which is quite cross-platform friendly.

Though IMO MSN should also make at least a OS9/10 compatible version of the chat software, but they haven't. While I'm dreaming they could make a Unix/Linus version, and oh a Atari ST version as well.

Casey </font>[/QUOTE]There is open source software that can access MSN on Linux - Everybuddy is one such package. I, personally, would still like to see an IRC version, though.

Just a thought.
Liam Devlin
August 24th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Annoying, the msn chatroom apparatus is down for maintenance. Ah well,hello ya'll..&lt;grins&gt; Hopefully NEXT sunday will be better accessible!

Missed being here..&lt;bows&gt; and the heretic turned, and walked away
clementk
August 24th, 2003, 02:25 PM
FWIW, it's back now. graemlins/file_28.gif :rolleyes: :D

Casey
siefertma2
August 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Right now I'm sitting in the Lone Star all by my lonesome. (HA! A Pun!) However, since my broadband connection has been sporadically knocking me off line for indeterminate lengths of time, I'm in an out.
siefertma2
August 24th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I decided that I couldn't hang around because:

A) Everyone else on COTI seems to be elsewhere today or has no interest in chatting.

B) The constant stream of bots and pervs looking for cybersex is annoying me.
Mythmere
August 24th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I'm there - it's open.
hunter
August 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Got a few things to do real quick, then I should be able to stop in for a little while.

Hunter
clementk
August 24th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Well checked back and it was down but just seemed to come back up. &lt;grumbles&gt; I'll hang out for a while to see how long I can last with getting bumped. graemlins/file_23.gif :rolleyes: ;)

Casey
Liam Devlin
August 24th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Bumped?-LOL- heck from this library terminal, I get to see the page but it never opens up fully.
Guess we'll haveta see ya'll next week. This burg rolls her doors down in 30 mikes.
clementk
August 24th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Bumped?-LOL- heck from this library terminal, I get to see the page but it never opens up fully.
Guess we'll haveta see ya'll next week. This burg rolls her doors down in 30 mikes. Well frell. It's working for me at least right now.

Cya next week then.

Casey
Liam Devlin
August 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Casey:
[QUOTE]Well frell. It's working for me at least right now.

Cya next week then.

Casey Aye,that we can manage, aye.&lt;from the house compy not this well-used POS!&gt;
Be safe till then.
clementk
August 31st, 2003, 01:37 PM
Lone Star's open for business. I'll be around for a bit but occupied between RL chores, gaming, watching the Kaiju (Giant Monster) fest on Sci-Fi Channel today, etc.

TA6, new stuff on the website, etc. all possible topics sophonts.

Mothra rules! :cool: smile.gif

Casey
Liam Devlin
August 31st, 2003, 07:59 PM
Kinda quiet with cupped out folks when I got there at 1830CST ..check ya'll back in a few.

as ever was,
Liam
clementk
September 6th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Had a gorram power outage this am, power just got restored, saw the news on LoneStar being on IRC.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/news/pnews.pl?action=view&itemid=46&h=4&s=t

Soooo...looks like it works! See ya on Sunday etc....

Casey
clementk
September 7th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Well the new Lone Star's open for its first "official" hours of operation.

For more info on Lone Star IRC see this thread (http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/Trav/CotI/Discuss/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000145;p=1) .

There're a lot of IRC faq's out there if you aren't familiar with it.

Casey/ Asu/ etc.
Liam Devlin
September 8th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Gorram the thing really works! I'll be dipped in daergh or frelled like a flyin..well&lt;ahem&gt;, its IRC chat..YO wake up CoTI.

heretics in da house, hide the wimmen and rule books!

&lt;grins&gt;..
evening...&lt;smiles&gt;
grendelttroll
September 8th, 2003, 11:22 PM
I'm on!! I'm on!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!
grendelttroll
September 9th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Well, I'm still on, but nobody's coming in.....

Then again, I am noticing that the room isn't coming up on the channel list. There definately needs to be a bot monitoring the room with host priveliges......
Jame
September 11th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Okay, so now I (theoretically) have a DotNet Passport. What do I do?
grendelttroll
September 11th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jame:
Okay, so now I (theoretically) have a DotNet Passport. What do I do? You don't need one for IRC.
Jame
September 12th, 2003, 08:56 AM
I don't know how to IRC.

Great. Just when I can start chatting they change it on me. It's like they don't want me around! :mad: :mad: graemlins/file_28.gif :mad: :mad: graemlins/file_28.gif :mad: :mad:
Despasian
September 12th, 2003, 09:18 AM
I feel your pain Jame.

I'm on limited equipment, with an even more limited understanding of IT/Java/IRC/Web internet stuff.

Can surf just fine, but relatively clueless on most of the other stuff. :confused:


Despasian
Jame
September 12th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Now if someone would explain it...

Before I forget, welcome to the boards, Despasian!
Granpafishy
September 12th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Just go to this link

http://www.psionics.net/chat/java/traveller.html

It will ask for you to approve a program (it is not stored on your computer, every time you go there it will ask to run)

Change the Nick Name to what you want, then click "Connect Now"
clementk
September 14th, 2003, 02:36 PM
well it's one to two hours past the normal "opening" hours for LoneStar on Sunday...

Looking for all the people who were wanting LoneStar on IRC but who haven't shown up on Sundays. ;) (or at least not yet this Sunday)

Casey
grendelttroll
September 21st, 2003, 08:37 PM
Psionics.net is refusing my connection. Hmmm.... Maybe there is a power outage on their end??
siefertma2
September 22nd, 2003, 02:04 AM
It's 12:15 Central Time and I've got the door open. Cpt.Blacklight came in for a second, but I was writing a CotI post while he was on (sorry dude). Anyway, I'm ready, willing, and able to chat; so come on in!
clementk
October 12th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well whoever wanted to talk about Traveller software is more than welcome to work it out on the LoneStar.


Just remember to bring RAM chips for Palamedes the dice bot! ;)

Casey
trader jim
October 14th, 2003, 09:04 PM
THIS SUCKS.....BIG TIME!!!!!!......everytime i try to get on this DAMN thing NOTHING HAPPENS!!!....once again ....cant get on.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
clementk
October 15th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by trader jim:
everytime i try to get on this DAMN thing NOTHING HAPPENS!!! Did you try to get on the new LoneStar on IRC or the old LoneStar on MSN Chat? LoneStar's moved to IRC * and can be accessed by any IRC client program or via your webbrowser using a java applet (you need to have java installed on your system for that).

Should be up 24-7 unless they're down for maintenance.

Annoucement and link to the java applet here (http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/news/pnews.pl?action=view&itemid=46&h=&s=t)

CotI thread on LoneStar on IRC here (http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/Trav/CotI/Discuss/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000145;p=1)

Hope this helps. We still normally meet Sunday afternoon on but you can chat anytime.

Casey

* I think general MSN Chat rooms are closed now when the service went to subscription only anyway
clementk
October 19th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Well we're also chatting with the folks on #traveller (on Undernet) at the mo. And Eak returns! :cool: :D

and #traveller has a bartender bot, Brubeck. Though he only responds if you're on #traveller currently. :( http://www.freelancetraveller.com/infocenter/travchat/brubek.html

[EDIT] Brubek's now working in LoneStar as well. Though there are some bugs being ironed out.

Casey
jzeitlin
October 19th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Casey:
Well we're also chatting with the folks on #traveller (on Undernet) at the mo. And Eak returns! :cool: :D

and #traveller has a bartender bot, Brubeck. Though he only responds if you're on #traveller currently. :( http://www.freelancetraveller.com/infocenter/travchat/brubek.html

[EDIT] Brubek's now working in LoneStar as well. Though there are some bugs being ironed out.

Casey It looks like I've got the Brubek bugs worked out; as far as Casey's comment about "We're chatting with the folks on #traveller (on Undernet)", that's done via the implementation of a bridgebot (in channel with the nick of "]-"), so that folks in either channel will be able to "hear" what's going on in the other - and can respond to it. A way of bringing together two Traveller communities that heretofore had very little overlap.
graemlins/omega.gif
lisagb
October 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
hello chaps
long time no see :( I hope youse is all ok. Hope u aint entirelyforgotten ya old friend leese. Missed u all loads (spesh liam mart etc).
I'm back in Blighty for a bit, so i will try an catch up with all u folks and drop in to the LoneStar. Where is it these days? i sit still MSN or have we moved?#hugz an kisses all
Lisa
far-trader
October 23rd, 2003, 04:05 PM
Wow :eek:

You came back! Figured fer sure you were lost at sea (or to the sea at any rate). I can hear the hounds baying already, expect a flood of welcome back from all your old admirers in short order.

You got some catchin up to do, Liam fer one is off doing the soldier thing shortly (in training at the mo iirc) and I've been kinda stepping up as unofficial welcome wagon in his place when I notice newcomers posting.

The site has changed a couple times while you've been off adventuring so it may look a bit different. I think there is a link to the chat somewhere on the Home page, not sure as I don't use it (much as I keep meaning to).

Anyway welcome back, and back at you with the hugs :D
notagoodusername
October 23rd, 2003, 04:06 PM
Welcome back Lisa,

Here is the info on the Lonestar nowadays:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/lonestar.html

Enjoy!

Shane
lisagb
October 23rd, 2003, 04:20 PM
Hello Boys!
So tell me, wheres all the action at these days?
Someone post where the LoneStar is these days please! Whats bin happening? What have i missed? tell all!
lisagb
October 23rd, 2003, 04:22 PM
cheers shane!
and who r u then? dont think i met u before (if i have i apologise for being so forgetful)
lisagb
October 23rd, 2003, 04:30 PM
hi dan! liams offa warrin? oh no! well i hope he comes back allright. if anyone keeps in contact with him send him my love.
So what u bin up to? hows tj? mad as ever?tell some of the boys to wander into Lone Star so i can say hi
notagoodusername
October 23rd, 2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by lisagb:
cheers shane!
and who r u then? dont think i met u before (if i have i apologise for being so forgetful) We did "meet" and speak a few times in the Lonestar... But in a nutshell I'm just another Traveller geek... ;)

hi dan! liams offa warrin? oh no! well i hope he comes back allright. if anyone keeps in contact with him send him my love.
I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he is well, and next time I phone him I'll pass on your best. He does pop in here every now and again so you may see him.

How's life ont he cruise ships? Which company is it you are with?

Shane
far-trader
October 23rd, 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by lisagb:
hi dan! liams offa warrin? oh no! well i hope he comes back allright. if anyone keeps in contact with him send him my love.
So what u bin up to? hows tj? mad as ever?tell some of the boys to wander into Lone Star so i can say hi As Shane said Liam pops in when he can.

I've been mostly behaving myself, quite unlike TJ of course ;) "mad as ever" doesn't cover it by half graemlins/file_21.gif

I'm sure the boys'll be along to the Lone Star shortly now that our favorite siren is back for a bit, who knows I may even have to re-configure this old model/1bis and hook into it too smile.gif
binky
October 23rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by lisagb:
hello chaps
long time no see :( I hope youse is all ok. Hope u aint entirelyforgotten ya old friend leese. Missed u all loads (spesh liam mart etc).
I'm back in Blighty for a bit, so i will try an catch up with all u folks and drop in to the LoneStar. Where is it these days? i sit still MSN or have we moved?#hugz an kisses all
Lisa Whoo Hooo! The girl is back!

Good to see you around Lisa. You going to be in the UK long enough to go to Dragonmeet?

- Neil.
Maspy
October 23rd, 2003, 08:31 PM
Lisa Lisa Lisa!!! The soft, sweet, creamy goodness of my dreams! :D You are back! Hoody hoo! Been way too long since your fine form has graced this place. I knew you didn't forget us. :cool:

Can't wait to meet you in the new Lone Star Chatternating place. With your grand tales of the high seas, swashbuckling and piracy. Arrrr!

(One question, though: Did you change your name to Amy and join a band?)
Nurd_boy
October 24th, 2003, 01:09 AM
does anybody care that i popped in occationally?

oh, woe & worry!!! :(

what ever happened with the trafveller games we talked about on abandonware?
lisagb
November 1st, 2003, 02:36 PM
Shane
I was with P&O mostly on the Oriana, beaut ship, workin as part of the entertainments crew. Singing, dancing, running bingo, games for the kids, stuff like that. Real good fun, hard work mind. Glad to be back home though. if u look on the P&O site there is a tiny, tiny photo of me and the Oriana cast done up in our Louis the xviii masqued ball gear, fun!!! smile.gif
lisagb
November 1st, 2003, 02:41 PM
Hey maspy!
Did I change my name to Amy an join a band? Not that I'm aware of,why?
is there someone tryin to impersonate me?
Lemme at em!
lisagb
November 1st, 2003, 02:44 PM
Hey Binks
Err dunno, when is Dragonmeet?
binky
November 1st, 2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by lisagb:
Hey Binks
Err dunno, when is Dragonmeet? Saturday, December 13.

Full gen can be found here - http://www.dragonmeet.com/

- Neil.
lisagb
November 2nd, 2003, 06:39 AM
far as I am aware I should be around.
You'll have to hold my hand though cos I'm very shy! graemlins/file_21.gif graemlins/file_23.gif tongue.gif
binky
November 2nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
Now there's an offer one can't refuse :)

- Neil
Jame
November 2nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Heh. Maybe I should get on it after all. Gotta see if I can get that jIRC driver, though (not [fully] my compy*, so I don't know).

*Compy = computer, as "you" (anyone) may or may not know.
binky
November 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Jame:
Heh. Maybe I should get on it after all. Gotta see if I can get that jIRC driver, though (not [fully] my compy*, so I don't know).

*Compy = computer, as "you" (anyone) may or may not know. It seems a little quiet most of the time, so more faces would be good. The java client works quite well, though if you can use a real client you might find the experience a little more pleasent.

- Neil.
Maspy
November 2nd, 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by lisagb:
Hey maspy!
Did I change my name to Amy an join a band? Not that I'm aware of,why?
is there someone tryin to impersonate me?
Lemme at em! Liam and I had a thing for this band... couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on us. The lead singerette was trying to look like you.

http://www.evanescence.com/
vs
http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/gorgeous_babe_lisa

Close, but you still got her beat.

Welcome back to the board, Sweetness!
lisagb
November 8th, 2003, 02:39 PM
like it! she does look like me, she sings better though. I like to think im more avril lavigne than evanesnce. Though i did go an buy the album! U guys cost me £12!! Good album, shes quite operatic, shes knows how to do the ole circular breathing. Bring me to liiiife!! Sorry i got it on at the mo..whooo! redface.gif
Maspy
November 9th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lisagb:
like it! she does look like me, she sings better though. I like to think im more avril lavigne than evanesnce. Though i did go an buy the album! U guys cost me £12!! Good album, shes quite operatic, shes knows how to do the ole circular breathing. Bring me to liiiife!! Sorry i got it on at the mo..whooo! redface.gif Hauntingly beautifull, was the best description of her voice I've heard.

Their album was what helped me survive your long absence from the board. ;) ;) ;)
lisagb
November 9th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Ah man I got My Immortal on like loop..sooo cool!! I'll shut up now. Check out my adventure by the way, lemme know what ya think.
clementk
November 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM
just a reminder Lone Star's open. :cool: A brand new Traveller's Aide with more on the way, the return of Hunter (well to CotI at least, haven't seen him in the LoneStar so far today :( ), etc.

Casey
binky
November 23rd, 2003, 05:27 PM
Apologies for dropping out on people. Trying out a new irc cleint. Not sure if it was that or my connection. Gave up in the end.

Try again next Sunday.

- Neil.
MJD
December 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM
I've managed to stumble into the Lonestar Chat. I can be found crashing into tables and upsetting people most nights (GMT) if anyone cares...
notagoodusername
December 21st, 2003, 05:55 AM
Uh oh, there goes the neighbourhood.

So, come one come all, and annoy Mr. Dougherty tonight in the regular sunday chat....

graemlins/file_23.gif


Shane
belter
March 14th, 2004, 02:21 AM
I just wanted to jump in and raise my sociability score.

By the way, what does a high sociability score do for you in COTI anyway?
mike wightman
March 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM
By the way, what does a high sociability score do for you in COTI anyway?It proves you (and I) spend too much time in front of the computer graemlins/file_23.gif ;) graemlins/file_21.gif graemlins/file_23.gif ;) graemlins/file_21.gif
notagoodusername
March 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by belter:
By the way, what does a high sociability score do for you in COTI anyway? Speaks volumes about your sociability in real life..... graemlins/file_23.gif graemlins/file_21.gif smile.gif

Thankfully my SOC rating is obscured.... ;)

Shane
slyen2002
March 19th, 2004, 09:22 PM
why is my life so sucky
belter
March 30th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll take the opportunity to once again raise my score.

smile.gif
slyen2002
April 1st, 2004, 11:36 PM
???????
Spud
May 14th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Is this the place for people who just want to hear themselves talk? Hello? HELLO! Is this thing on?
Jame
May 14th, 2004, 12:41 PM
(deep breath in and)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

That was for your noise value enjoyment. That'll be $50,000,000.00 USD, thanks very much.

Never did get that irc driver... But now I'm in a museum all afternoon, so I really don't need it.
jzeitlin
August 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Big Ship or Small Ship? Professional Navy or Noble-raised troops? Strong nobility or weak? What defines the character of your Traveller universe, and why? How does it affect your games?

These questions and similar will be the focus of the next Traveller Topical Chat, to be held on IRC on Friday, 20 August 2004, in the #Traveller channel of Undernet (server irc.undernet.org), and the #Lonestar channel of Psionics.net (server chat.psionics.net). The two channels are bridged, so you can join either and catch it all.

The scheduled start time of the chat is as listed below, depending on where you are:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">California, USA - 1600 hours Fri 20 Aug 04
Chicago, IL, USA - 1800 hours Fri
New York, NY, USA - 1900 hours Fri
London, UK - 0000 hours Sat 21 Aug 04 (Don't sleep Fri Nite!)
Mideast - 0200 hours Sat
Karachi, PK - 0400 hours Sat
New Delhi, IN - 0430 hours Sat
Tokyo, JP - 0800 hours Sat
Sydney, AU - 0900 hours Sat</pre>[/QUOTE]graemlins/omega.gif


posted to tml@travellerrpg.com, tne-rces@silent-tower.org, Traveller_tne@yahoogroups.com, Traveller_T20@yahoogroups.com, tml-chat@travellerrpg.com, COTI webforum (Lone Star Chat). Readers are encouraged to post this to other forums where it may be of interest.
kafka47
November 1st, 2004, 10:30 PM
Is this thing still working? When I tried on Sunday night, I was given a warning from Norton that a Trojan Horse program was loose and captured. Is that just a side effect of the program or has it been shut down?
clementk
November 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM
Looks like the channel is still active and psionics.net is still up. When I tried the java applet via the chat button above I was able to get into the channel but then my system locked up. It could be local as I just upgraded java on this box and need to do some system cleaning.

When I tried accessing the channel via a IRC program, mIRC, it worked fine and the bridge still seemed up. I don't think anyone uses it anymore, I haven't for months. Like has been suggested before scheduled chats are the way to go.

update- ran a virus check jic and didn't find anything

Casey
Prometheus
November 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
is the chat still active these days?
Chuck Anumia
February 3rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Gone....All gone....Wooo Whoooo...Bye, Bye.....
Chuck Anumia
May 20th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Yup

Still Gone
Eak
June 25th, 2005, 10:59 AM
No... some folks are still around. The primary problem as I see it is that we don't actually 'schedule' anything anymore... specially with the chat room open 24/7 there's no planned meeting time so people have no idea when to show up to see folks.
Capt. Blacklight
June 25th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Eak? you are around?

Originally posted by E. A. Kinser:
No... some folks are still around. The primary problem as I see it is that we don't actually 'schedule' anything anymore... specially with the chat room open 24/7 there's no planned meeting time so people have no idea when to show up to see folks.
Eak
June 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Why yes Cap'n B! I am around. I'm also ahigh and awide... i.e. I occupy athree-dimensional space.

graemlins/file_21.gif
Eak
June 25th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry though. I havn't 'really' been around much the last year. I have sorta gone into lurk mode and quit posting for a while. Though I've been feeling talkative lately. So I may at least post a little more.
Jame
July 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Yay. Welcome back.

Just don't use that sniper rifle on me. ;)
SanDragon
August 14th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Hello? Hello?

Back from jumpspace.

Wow, what a temporal error...
lengland9702
January 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Hello;
Been reading some of the discussion board on a Traveller rpg on irc. I already have IRC on this comp (listed under my ex's name). I would like to join the group. just let me know when, what irc server and the channel name. In fact I wouldn't mind just cahtting with some of you for a little while!

thanks,
Larry
Fritz_Brown
January 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Well, lengland, it aint chat, but the boards here can get some mighty quick responses at times. :D

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét